So, anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at making a new pouch for my tarot deck! I didn't use a pattern...I just kind of winged it!
|Here is the pouch closed.|
|This is what it looks like opened.|
|Close up of where I put my special quartz point for the deck.|
- I chained enough to be just bigger than the longest side of my deck. I think it was something like 25 chains.
- I used double crochets to do enough rows to make a rectangle just bigger than 3 times the width of my deck. I just counted and it is around 19 or 20 rows.
- I finished off and cleaned up the edges of my rectangle with slip stitches.
- I then folded one third of the rectangle up and slip stitched up the sides that came together.
- I created the wrap tie by double crocheting in the center of the flap about 5 chains worth of double crochet in 24 or 25 rows.
- Lastly, I took the loose yarn from when I tied off and sort of tied my quartz point onto the front of the pouch with the flap opened and tied a nice bow.
For a little extra security and energy protection, my deck is wrapped in a black cloth before going into the pouch.
I really enjoy the way the pouch came out, despite not having a pattern or anything. I'm thinking about doing something like this for my Goddess oracle deck/book, too. But I'll try something a little different. When I do, I'll post it here!