Friday, January 4, 2013

New Tarot Pouch

I admit I'm a little bit of a craft nut. Painting, scrapbooking, crochet, sewing, ceramics, you name it! I might not always be very good, but I love putting stuff together in creative ways.

So, anyway, I thought I'd try my hand at making a new pouch for my tarot deck! I didn't use a pattern...I just kind of winged it!

Here is the pouch closed.
This is what it looks like opened. 
Close up of where I put my special quartz point for the deck.
I don't know how to write up patterns,but I can do my best at explaining what I did:

  • I chained enough to be just bigger than the longest side of my deck. I think it was something like 25 chains.
  • I used double crochets to do enough rows to make a rectangle just bigger than 3 times the width of my deck. I just counted and it is around 19 or 20 rows. 
  • I finished off and cleaned up the edges of my rectangle with slip stitches. 
  • I then folded one third of the rectangle up and slip stitched up the sides that came together.
  • I created the wrap tie by double crocheting in the center of the flap about 5 chains worth of double crochet in 24 or 25 rows. 
  • Lastly, I took the loose yarn from when I tied off and sort of tied my quartz point onto the front of the pouch with the flap opened and tied a nice bow. 
For a little extra security and energy protection, my deck is wrapped in a black cloth before going into the pouch. 

I really enjoy the way the pouch came out, despite not having a pattern or anything. I'm thinking about doing something like this for my Goddess oracle deck/book, too. But I'll try something a little different. When I do, I'll post it here!

Blessings!
Mab

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pagan News